2018 summer children's performer
Deadline: January 5, 2018
The City of Edmonds Arts Commission is accepting submissions from local and regionally-based bands and children's performers to perform at the 2018 Concerts in the Park series.
Concerts will be held in July and August: Tuesday afternoons (12 to 1 p.m. at the Hazel Miller Plaza), Thursday evenings (5 to 6:30 p.m. at the Hazel Miller Plaza), and Sunday afternoons (3 to 4 p.m. in City Park)
Both venues are outdoor. The Hazel Miller Plaza has a small performance area and power. Musicians are responsible for their own sound equipment and set up. If musicians need a canopy, they must bring their own. City Park has a covered pavilion, with sound system and technician provided.
Please submit the following by January 5, 2018:
- Letter of interest with the name of group or performer, contact name and contact information (phone, mailing address and email)
- Promotional material
- Music samples (List of URLs is okay. CDs should be clearly labeled)
Send to: Edmonds Arts Commission, Concert Coordinator, 700 Main Street,Edmonds, WA 98020 or email@example.com
Applicants will be contacted only if they are asked to be on the schedule, with selections finalized in early March. For more information call the EAC Arts office at 425-771-0228
The Arlington Arts Council is accepting applications for Haiku Poetry Contest, Eagle Photography and Nature Art Contest Contest to kick off Arlington Eagle Festival.
Haiku Contest: The Nature Haiku contest is open to Snohomish County residents. The theme of the poem should be connected to nature. You may submit a maximum of two haiku, each on its own entry form. Prizes will be awarded in three age groups (k-5th grade, 6th-12th grade, 19 years and older). First prize in each age group will be $50.
Photography Contest: The eagle photography contest and nature art show is open to all ages and experience levels of residents in Snohomish County and Camano Island. Along with a $200 cash prize, the winning eagle photograph is printed on the Eagle Festival poster and displayed on the City of Arlington’s website.
Art Contest: Artists are encouraged to submit art depicting nature for the art show. A People’s Choice winner will receive $200 and a ribbon. Ribbons will also be presented for first, second, third places in the following categories: nature photograph, nature painting, mixed media, and two youth age categories.
All submissions must be received BY midnight JANUARY 29, 2018:
For more information and online signups, please visit the City of Arlington’s web site.
- The fee to enter the Art and Photography contest are $5 per piece. The children’s entry fee is a donation to the food bank.
- Haiku's may be submitted online www.arlingtonwa.gov/haikucontest or by mailed to: City of Arlington, Recreation, 238 N Olympic Ave, Arlington, WA 98223, or place in collection box at Arlington Library or Arlington City Hall.
- Download the full Press Release Here.
Eagle Festival Art Show, Poetry & Photo Contests
Deadline: January 29, 2018
Madrona Grove Sculpture Exhibition 2018
Deadline: February 13, 2018
The Anacortes Arts Commission is very pleased to announce the second annual outdoor sculpture exhibition to be held in the park-like setting of the madrona grove and surrounding area of the Depot Art Center (611 R Avenue) in downtown Anacortes, WA. The nine-month exhibition will feature twelve sculptures selected through an open juried competition.
Sculptures must be durable enough to withstand outdoor conditions and they should have a means of being secured to a concrete platform.
Artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of their work. Artists will each receive a $250 stipend to help defray costs of transporting work to and from the site. The City of Anacortes, Parks and Recreation will provide concrete platforms to secure the sculptures to and provide machinery for moving and placing of the sculptures. They will also assist the artists in the installation process.
All sculptures should be for sale.
The Anacortes Arts Commission will receive a 30% commission on the sale of any artwork. The retail price given by the artist should reflect this commission.
The Anacortes Arts Commission is actively seeking financial support through grants and business partnerships for the purchase of at least one sculpture from the exhibition, which will then become part of the City of Anacortes permanent collection.
The City of Anacortes will insure the selected artwork.
The Anacortes Arts Festival is committing up to $5,000 in support of the purchase of at least one sculpture from the 2018 exhibition. The sculpture(s) will then become part of the City of Anacortes permanent collection. The Anacortes Arts Festival is particularly interested in purchasing a sculpture that reflects the maritime environment of Anacortes.
Eligibility: The completion is open to residents of Washington State.
Please submit the following by February 13, 2018:
- Sculptors may submit up to two works for consideration.
- Submit up to three digital images per work (jpeg at 1080-1920 pixels and 72 dpi) (label images: #1(abc)last name_title #2(abc)last name_title
- One-page artist contact information and image identification: (Contact information) artist name, address, phone, email, website (Image identification) #, title, size, medium, date and retail price (70% artist, 30% Arts Commission) (explanatory text optional)
- One-page resume (word doc)
- Site-specific installations are acceptable and should be submitted with additional information (one page text explaining the concept and additional images illustrating the proposed installation).
Send digital submissions to: Mary Snyder firstname.lastname@example.org
CDs are acceptable. They can be dropped off at the Park and Recreation office at Anacortes City Hall at 904 6th Ave. Anacortes, WA. Or, mailed to Mary Snyder, PO Box 547, Anacortes, WA 98221.
- Chloe Dye Sherpe, Curator, Museum of Northwest Art, LaConnor
- Rob Schouten, Owner, Rob Schouten Gallery, Langley, WA
- February 13, 2018 call for entries due
- Week of February 19th jury convenes
- February 28th acceptance notices sent out to artists (via email).
- Late March/early April artwork installed
- The exhibition will run from April to December 2018
- January 2019 works will be de-installed and removed from site.
Questions?? Please call Mary Snyder at 360-293-1918 or email at email@example.com